DANIELA M. PACHECO – MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAWYER
Graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
Call to the Bar in 2010
- The Advocates’ Society
- Medical-Legal Society of Toronto
- Ontario Bar Association
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Women’s Law Association of Ontario
Daniela is a member of the Medical Malpractice Group at Neinstein LLP. She has experience in all areas of plaintiff side medical malpractice and traumatic injury litigation. Daniela has appeared as counsel in complex multi-party medical malpractice trials and appeals, and has appeared before the Superior Court of Justice and Court of Appeal for Ontario as an advocate for her clients.
Daniela completed an Honours Bachelor of Science with High Distinction at the University of Toronto, and went on to complete a Juris Doctor at Osgoode Hall Law School. In law school, Daniela worked as a case worker in the Social Assistance, Violence and Health Group at Parkdale Community Legal Services, and represented Osgoode Hall Law School as Prosecutor at the International Criminal Court Moot at The Hague, Netherlands.
Daniela has represented her clients as second-chair during four successful complex civil jury trials, on appeal on behalf of plaintiffs to the Court of Appeal for Ontario, and has represented her clients as lead counsel at trial in a judge alone trial in cases that include:
- Multi-party medical malpractice case involving the mis-diagnosis of brain abscesses
- Medical negligence case involving the late diagnosis of colon cancer. Also was counsel during the successful appeal to the Court of Appeal for Ontario
- Medical negligence case involving the late diagnosis of breast cancer
- Lead counsel in a medical negligence case involving surgical negligence
- Occupier’s liability case involving the personal security requirements for taverns
Daniela is a member of the Medical–Legal Society of Toronto and the Advocates’ Society. Daniela has written for and spoken at Ontario Trial Lawyers Association conferences and webinars on issues ranging from tavern liability, complex examinations for discovery, and trial preparation. Daniela is also a regular contributor to the OTLA Medical Malpractice Newsletter and has been recently named Chair of the Women’s Caucus. Daniela is on the Board of Directors and Policy Committee of Abrigo Centre, a charity that works to build community capacity in downtown Toronto. Most recently, she was elected as a Member-at-Large of the Women’s Forum Executive of the Ontario Bar Association for the 2018-2019 session.
Case of Note
OUR AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Neinstein’s Medical Malpractice team is a highly-specialized, focused group of lawyers ensuring your ultimate care and success.